Premium flex plus carbon steel chrome plated to ISO 1456:2009
For HG and IG sprockets
How to use the tool:
The sprocket wear indicator is used to determine the condition of rear sprockets.
It can be used to check 12 to 21 tooth sprockets.
• The chain is put on the sprocket and the tool placed with its round end between two teeth on the upper sprocket side.
• The last chain link is moved away from the sprocket and a force of 100 N or 10 kg is applied to the tool in the direction of sprocket rotation.
• Now the last chain link is moved towards the sprocket.
• If it skips easily onto the cog the sprocket is in a good condition and will function flawlessly even with a new chain.
• However, if the last chain link gets stuck on the tip of the neighbouring tooth or if it has to be forced onto the cog,
• the sprocket is worn out and should be replaced.
• If the chain falls off the clog when applying force, the sprocket is heavily worn and a replacement is overdue